neet.jpg

NEET-UG

The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate) (or NEET (UG)), formerly the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), is an entrance examination in India for students who wish to study undergraduate medical courses (MBBS) and dental courses (BDS) in government or private medical and dental colleges in India. The undergraduate NEET (UG), for MBBS and BDS courses, is currently conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), which provides the results to the Directorate General of Health Services at the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Prior to 2019, the test was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in partnership with Prometric Testing Pvt Ltd headquartered in the US. NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves in 2013. However, many colleges and institutes had taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses. NEET-UG is a single entrance test for admissions to more than 66,000 MBBS and BDS seats across India. After the enactment of NMC Act 2019 in September 2019, NEET-UG became common all India entrance test for admissions to medical colleges in India including the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) which until then conducted separate entrances.

kvpy.jpg

KVPY

Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (English: Young Scientist Incentive Plan) (KVPY) is a scholarship program funded by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India, aimed at encouraging students to take up research careers in the areas of basic sciences. It offers scholarships and contingency grants up to the pre-Ph.D. level to selected students. Begun in 1999, it is administered by the Indian Institute of Science. The students who qualify in the KVPY Exam are eligible for a fellowship as well as admissions into institutes like the IISc and the IISER based on additional criteria. This exam has 3 Streams: SA (Class 11), SX (Class 12), and SB (First year BSc). It is regarded as one of the prestigious examinations for research.

iit jam.png

IIT-JAM (Biotechnology)

The IIT JAM Exam is a National level exam which is conducted each year for those who wants to take admission in top institutes of India like, IITs, NITs, CFTIs, and even IISC Bangalore. The sole purpose of this exam to offer an opportunity for those who wants are looking for world class educational facilities to pursue their Masters in Science. The Exam is conducted in seven subjects which are as: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Geology, Mathematical Statistics. Each subject and its respective courses have different eligibility criteria. So, you must check it on the official website.

IIT JAM Biotechnology is a perfect option for the aspirants who want to learn about the genetic manipulation of microorganisms to produce antibiotics, hormones, etc. MSc in Biotechnology as a career option is in huge demand these days. Many Private and Government Sector companies offer job opportunities for Biotech postgraduates. Some prominent industries where Biotechnology professionals may find jobs are: Pharmaceuticals Industry, Healthcare Sector, Chemical Industry, and Research Sector.

download.jpg

GATE-XL (Microbiology)

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination that tests a comprehensive understanding of candidates in various undergraduate subjects in engineering and sciences. GATE is conducted every year jointly by the Indian Institute of sciences and 7 Indian Institute of Technology(IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee)on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE under the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development(MHRD). Not only in India but there are certain Universities outside India that considers the GATE score for their entrance process.

If the candidate opts for doing postgraduate program then he/she is selected either through a test or interview. The scanning process depends on the weight of GATE performance as well as performance in test/interview. A minimum of 70% weight comes from the GATE score and the remaining 30% is evaluated based upon the candidate’s performance in test/interview or academic record. Even there are certain colleges and Institutes that specify GATE qualification as an essential requirement for admission without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.

download - Copy.jpg

GATE-XL (Biochemistry)

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination that tests a comprehensive understanding of candidates in various undergraduate subjects in engineering and sciences.GATE is conducted every year jointly by the Indian Institute of sciences and 7 Indian Institute of Technology(IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee)on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE under the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development(MHRD). Not only in India but there are certain Universities outside India that considers the GATE score for their entrance process.

If the candidate opts for doing postgraduate program then he/she is selected either through a test or interview. The scanning process depends on the weight of GATE performance as well as performance in test/interview. A minimum of 70% weight comes from the GATE score and the remaining 30% is evaluated based upon the candidate’s performance in test/interview or academic record. Even there are certain colleges and Institutes that specify GATE qualification as an essential requirement for admission without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.

download - Copy - Copy.jpg

GATE-(Biotechnology)

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination that tests a comprehensive understanding of candidates in various undergraduate subjects in engineering and sciences. GATE is conducted every year jointly by the Indian Institute of sciences and 7 Indian Institute of Technology(IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee)on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE under the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development(MHRD). Not only in India but there are certain Universities outside India that considers the GATE score for their entrance process.

If the candidate opts for doing postgraduate program then he/she is selected either through a test or interview. The scanning process depends on the weight of GATE performance as well as performance in test/interview. A minimum of 70% weight comes from the GATE score and the remaining 30% is evaluated based upon the candidate’s performance in test/interview or academic record. Even there are certain colleges and Institutes that specify GATE qualification as an essential requirement for admission without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.